The June Burda magazine featured a grouping of knit tops - the exposed shoulders on this one make it fun and flirty. Plus, I think most women are fairly satistified with the appearance of their shoulders, so this top, which provides plenty of drapey coverage everywhere else, should work for many figures.
Heather grey rayon/lycra jersey from my local fabric shop.
Pro-tricot fusible interfacing from Sew Exciting on the neckband.
Notes on construction/alterations
I know everyone gripes about Burda instructions, and I try not to, but after 2 read-throughs, I gave up on whatever they were saying about applying the neckband. Dawn already gave us a great tutorial on how she did her version. I used another method that I was already experienced with thanks to a similar neckband in a past project:
As per Burda's instructions, sew the outer/interfaced neckband to the bodice, then sew the inner/facing neckband to the outer neckband. Press that seam open. Do this for both the front and the back.
Stitch the front and back neckbands together at the shoulder seams. Here I've pinned together the seam that will be stitched.
Press open the seam allowances.
Turn the facing to the inside, press the seam allowances up so it's hidden in the neckband. I've pinned everything in place for security.
Topstitch close to the edge, making sure to catch the facing on the inside.
One other note: I took about 4 inches off the overall length.
A little more time consuming than a basic tee, but worth it.