Sunday, August 10, 2008
Once again my monthly Burda mag project is a couple weeks tardy... I know I won't be able to get to the August issue until September, but after that I should be able to get back on track again. (I'll have far fewer distractions once the dreary fall weather arrives, plus I love fall sewing!)
This is an easy tunic, I lengthened it several inches because it's going to do double duty for me as a swim cover-up as well when I'm on vacation later this month and trying to pack light.
Soft cotton voile that I got at Michael Levine in LA this spring for the insanely cheap price of $3/yard.
Notes on construction/alterations
I mentioned that I added a few inches to the length, and that's it as far as alterations. I finished all the seams as French seams because cotton voile deserves nothing less.
Here's a close-up of the pleats at the sleeve hems.
It's exactly what I was needing, and it was simple to make.
My muslin for the Burdastyle swimsuit turned out okay, so I placed an order at Spandex House early last week. They called me the next day at 6:45 am to ask for my credit card info. (There's a 3 hour time difference.) I had a feeling they would do that... Thank goodness it was a weekday so I was already awake.