It was all going along so nicely. Sunday was turning out to be a productive day.
And then, I got to the shoulder pads.
I don't know how many times I tried the coat on, pinning the shoulder pads here, there, then a quarter-inch that way. Now, the sleeve seam is puffing out. Let's try some basting stitches to see if that helps.
All I know is, I am burning up from the action of putting on and taking off a wool coat all afternoon.
I'm so glad Google led me to this Simplicity tip on inserting shoulder pads - I would have put it them backwards otherwise.
Anyway, it's good enough, for now at least. I'm going to sleep on it and I hope to see it in a new light tomorrow!