Okay, I don't have a sewing update just yet, so Beth tagged me at just the right time.
1. Link to your tagger, and also post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I decided I should create some guidelines for myself to limit the randomness of these facts - I'll tell you 7 sewing-related things about me. Here goes:
1. I actually enjoy hand-stitching and one day I'd like to make a true couture garment.
2. I despise waking up early on weekdays to go to work but I enjoy getting up (not quite as) early on weekends to work on sewing projects.
3. The sewing tip I have employed more than any other to date has to do with gathering fabric - not by sewing two rows of basting stitches as patterns always tell you - but by sewing a wide zig-zag over crochet thread in the seam allowance. Pull at the ends of the crochet thread; the gathers will hold nicely until you sew the seam, and it's just so easy.
4. I made a duct-tape double a couple of years ago with a new defunct sewing meetup.com group. I've never used it because I never got around to stuffing & mounting it. It is now hanging in a closet. I don't think it exactly represents my shape anymore, although it's probably close enough. Still, I doubt I'll ever get around to stuffing it.
5. One of my pet peeves: "Oh, you sew? I have some pants that need to be hemmed." Right. Whatever!
6. Over the years I have come to possess probably hundreds of vintage buttons. But every time I make a blouse, I have to go buy more, because I am lucky if any 3 of those buttons match each other, much less 6 or 8.
7. I don't think of it as a pattern stash, I think of it as a pattern archive.
Okay, it's taken me way too long to think of these! I got stuck after five. I'm gonna pass on tagging others this time and I'm off to sew!