For my August BWOF project, I chose blouse 114 because I had an appropriate fabric in my stash. I cut out the fabric last weekend and sewed up the whole blouse this Saturday.
I chose this blouse because I'm trying to dress a little nicer at work; my workplace is so casual and I think something as simple as button-front blouses will help to elevate my look. I like that it's not a totally "plain" blouse, the front yokes add some interest (a nod to Western wear, I suppose).
I used a pima cotton knit fabric that I bought from Fashion Fabrics Club last year. It's nice in that it is pretty stable to work with. However, once I put it out on the table to cut, I noticed that the horizontal and vertical lines in the grid pattern are not exactly perpendicular, they are slightly skewed(!). Because of this, I decided to cut out each piece in a single layer and I followed the cutting layout for View A in which the yokes and pockets are cut on the bias; I think the skewedness is less noticable this way.
Not a one. But after seeing the back view in my photos of me wearing the blouse, I noticed that there is some horizontal wrinkling happening at the lower back. A scan through Fitting & Pattern Alteration: A Multi-Method Approach led me to believe I need a "short midriff" adjustment. I held a pattern piece up to myself and sure enough, the marked waistline is lower then my waist.
Fun, wearable blouse and very easy to sew. I think it will look great with a pair of black jeans that I'm planning to buy this season.